Is it me or does it seem that life just carries on? Was it him who said that life is just a song? I don't know what will keep me on this little Earth. I just might use the love that's all in the dirt.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break Numero Dos

With the second block of classes quickly coming to a close, we are packing up our things for spring break numero dos. And I say numero dos because in a few short days I'll be in Espana! First we have our group trip to Florence, where we'll be fore two days, and then to Rome, where we'll spend 5 days. A few of us will fly directly from Rome to Valencia where we'll meet up with another UGA study abroad program. We'll visit with them and beach it up until we head to Barcelona for two days before finally heading back to Verona. This is going to be a wonderful big trip before we start our last block of classes.

School. Hmmm. That's a funny thing to call it. It doesn't feel like school. And I'm actually excited to take the final tomorrow to show our teacher how much I know on this topic. (WHOA. I know what you're thinking. I thought I was reading Allison Feeney's blog.Yes, same blog, but this doesn't mean I like normal school).

Not a whole lot is new here. It has been beautiful lately and very green. I walked downtown today (by myself, a very rare thing to be by yourself here). Currently, the Tesser and I are packing up the infamous 704. VinItaly is coming to Verona and we have to move out of our apartment for the week we are gone to allow for the hotel to use our rooms. VinItaly is one of Italy's largest wine festivals and we're headed out of town for it. Who's great idea was that...?

As we're coming into the final month here in Italy (where did the time go?!), I'm starting to miss a few things American. And here are the ones topping the list:
1. Chick-fil-a.No explanation needed. Except that Terminal A better be ready for me on May 7th.
2. Georgia spring-time. It's just not the same here. Not as many flowers, and no bar-be-ques.
3. Alpha G. Can't believe I'm missing out on a datenight...at Bourbs. Melbax, keep it classy :)
4. Braves Baseball. Looks like it's going to be a great season, so Braves, please don't play all the exciting ones before I get there.
5. Diet Coke. FountainDiet Coke, actually. With ice.
6. TV. What can I say, I'm a Feeney. And I can't wait to watch LOST. Hear who won Survivor. And log some serious couch time.

1 comment:

  1. by the way, wear sunscreen when you go to Spain. I'm speaking from experience, here. I still had the sunburn a year later. That is not an exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete