Is it me or does it seem that life just carries on? Was it him who said that life is just a song? I don't know what will keep me on this little Earth. I just might use the love that's all in the dirt.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Valencia, Spain

Sorry this has taken forver...I've just been enjoying Springtime Verona waaay too much!

Have you ever seen those people in the airport carrying their belongings through security because their bag was overweight and they didn't want to pay the charge. That was everyone in our group. We had to stuff our carry-ons to the brim. My checked bag was the only one of the girls that didn't go over. Take that one Claire-I made weight. Our flight was delayed two hours but it went by quickly. We got into Valencia and found some lunch before catching a quick nap. That night we found a nice, authentic Valencian meal. I orderd the rice with lobster only to discover a full lobster came out of the kitchen...That night, it may have been the combo of excessive smoke and loud music, but I was a debbie and went to bed early. The next morning we ventured out to grab lunch before heading to the beach. The beach was beautiful! The sand was the softest and finest I've ever felt and the water was sooo clear. At night, we met up with some UGA people (they have a study abroad program there) and we got tapas and drinks with them. It was so nice to hang out with people from home! They only had a week left and they were telling us that they were excited to go home, but will miss Valencia very much. We had a 7 am bus to Barcelona and it was tough to wake up. We were on the Mercedes Bez of buses though (with wifi!) and we snuggled in and went back to sleep. We just arrived in Barcelona and our hostel is in the middle of town! We're headed out now to explore the town!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog! If you want to keep up with your Italian online/on iPhone a good service is Babbel.com (http://www.babbel.com).

    ReplyDelete