Is it me or does it seem that life just carries on? Was it him who said that life is just a song? I don't know what will keep me on this little Earth. I just might use the love that's all in the dirt.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Remember that time it snowed in Verona...




Well, it's Wednesday here, and our final part un is this afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good about it, so I figured I'd update my blog a little bit. It is currently snowing in Verona and it is supposed to continue all day and all night. If we get a lot of accumulation, it is going to be really difficult to not go play in it. This snow has the potential to make our lunch date with Martin tomorrow a little difficult. If only we were in Athens, school would most definitely be cancelled. Inspired by Katie's random letters, I've decided to post a few random thoughts I have of Italian/European/American culture and about my experiences here thus far:

1. Italy-I don't understand why you have free healthcare but make people pay to use the bathroom. Obama, please don't adopt this crazy phenomenon. Also, thank you for putting most of your signs in English. Presh....

2. Italian Peanut Butter-You could run, but could not hide from the wrath of Tess and Allison. Sorry I'm not sorry, Migros, for the spike in peanut butter sales.

3. To the French Gypsy's-Please don't try and set us on fire. We're smarter than to give you money. And when you ask us, "Do you speak English..." If we didn't, then why we would answer you with a firm NO. C'mon now...

4. Paris-Until we meet again. I will be back.

5. America-Take a hint from Paris and design your cities as well as Paris did. It makes so much sense. Marta, you are not smart-a. Also, please adopt public transportation. I can get around without a car just fine...(Mom and Dad, that does not mean I do not want my CRV) On a side note, thank you, Georgia, for Chick-fil-A. I miss you.

6. Tess, Katie, Kari, Brooke, Cameron, David, Sammy, Burak: Thanks for being such fun travel buddies. If our hostel is gross and we don't shower for days, at least I have ya'll to laugh with.

That's all the random thoughts for now. I will take pictures of the snow and post later. We are leaving for Munich on Friday and will be there until Monday when we head to Salzburg, Austria. It is going to be very cold/snowy/rainy the whole time. That will not stop my frolicking and singing, "THE HILLS ARE ALIVE, WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC." (i apologize in advance for any of you who have to witness this)

1 comment:

  1. at least you've got your bean boots! i'm loving living vicariously through you, can't wait for our lunch date in between travels in may, miss you

    ReplyDelete