Is it me or does it seem that life just carries on? Was it him who said that life is just a song? I don't know what will keep me on this little Earth. I just might use the love that's all in the dirt.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sunny Week in Verona!

Not a very eventful week here in Verona, but a much needed relaxing one. We have started our second block of classes. Some people are taking the 8 am or the 11 am or (in very unfortunate cases) both...I'm enjoying my 11 am easy class. Well, easy thus far. The other class has already had a test and some have had a presentation. Our teacher is 32 years old, drives a porche, and is a self-declared 'ladies man.' Call me crazy, but I have a hard time thinking this class is going to be anything but a joke. In other news, it has been beautiful all week in Verona. Yesterday (Wednesday) we went for a stroll around downtown. Tess was looking for a little side bag and the rest of us were looking for gelato. Tuesday night, Brooke's parents were in town and took us girls out to eat. My 'go-to' dish has become ham/mushroom pizza. Yes, I know, this iscrazy. (I still refuse to eat onions so don't think I've completely lost my mind). I enjoyed meeting them and especially loved talking to her mom, an Alpha Gam! She lived in Engagement, the same room I lived in! She told me that when she lived there, she had 5 girls in her room! I couldn't imagine that; team enGAGment would have been crowded! She also told me how close she remains with her sorority sisters. Barb cracked me up when she asked if we should do the handshake...which obviously we did! We are headed to Prague this weekend. I have heard lots of good things about the city. Our flight times are crazy early, so it's going to be weekend without much sleep, but bring it on! After a week of resting, I'm ready for Prague!

Since I don't have any new photos, I'll entertain you with a few from around Verona.

This is the whole group in the arena:


This is the bridge leading from CastleVecchio (Old Castle). In case Verona was ever attacked, the king could run across the bridge and burn it...


Piazza Bra from the top of the arena:

No comments:

Post a Comment