Is it me or does it seem that life just carries on? Was it him who said that life is just a song? I don't know what will keep me on this little Earth. I just might use the love that's all in the dirt.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I will not over-pack...

I will not over-pack. I will not over-pack. I will not over-pack.

This is what I've been telling myself for the past week and I'm especially feeling it today. I'm in the middle of packing, well middle of doing laundry, but that's the first step in the process, and I know it's going to be difficult to not over-pack. I'm headed west before I head east and one last trip out to my favorite place in the world, Park City, Utah marks my final days before Italy. I couldn't imagine spending them better-skiing all day, eating great food, and watching the Winter Olympics...per-fec-tion. Some people have called me crazy (my flight home gets in late Tuesday night and my flight to Italy is Wednesday evening), but I'm not worried at all. Except for that packing thing.

So I've been trying to do very American things this week before heading to Italy. And this is what I've done so far:
  • I've watched American Idol. What is more American than this? Watching it in my Snuggie. Yes, friends, this is the first time I'm admitting I own a Snuggie, in a fashionable UGA style. (how embarrassing...)
  • I ate McDonalds french fries. This isn't that out of the ordinary for me, I'm just trying to get in a few more snacks (could be mistaken for meal-portions) before I go without them for a little while.
  • Got the biggest possible fountain diet coke from the gas station. And I took a few sips and filled it back up before I paid for it...AMERICAN.
But now I'm gearing up for the Sean Feeney special, otherwise known as the 6:00 AM flight. AM people. I've said my goodbyes to my friends. Got a little teary eyed saying them. Played with the pups, Hans and Pickles. Read up on Italy. Accepted the fact that I'm not going to get to watch the final season of LOST. And considered not over-packing. We'll see how this turns out...

I'm doing this blog to keep a record for myself of all my adventures during study abroad. Also it's a way to keep in touch with everyone back in the states. I'm hoping it brings some entertainment and a means of procrastination to those in Athens. And for those who have ever gotten my emails (and have been missing them, obvi), hopefuly this will bring you a few laughs.
You'll hear from me next from Italia! Arrivvederci!
-Allison "sitting on my suitcase and struggling to make it zip" Feeney

5 comments:

  1. just to let you know...italy has McDonalds, they are pretty much taking over the world haha, but I do not think you will have to go without it for the whole time you are threre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'll have you drink beer after skiing for more American experiences. Wake me up in about two hours for this flight. yeeeekkkkk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i misss u!! hve fun in idaho! im drrunk andd bahh italy wil be lotsa fun! hgheiwt3hwukjbachh misss u girlie cme back to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i had no idea that i left you that comment.... have fun in... utah.. dont know where i got IDAHO from!??? BUT have a wonderful time in ITALY! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha katelyn! I figured you might not remember that one! Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete