Is it me or does it seem that life just carries on? Was it him who said that life is just a song? I don't know what will keep me on this little Earth. I just might use the love that's all in the dirt.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Monterey Jack Monterey Jack CHEDDAR



We started our day around 9:30 at a bus stop that a bus was never going to come to. Because of the Verona Marathon, the buses were not running normally. So we walked, and depended on our trip planner, Baruk to get us to the bus. We found the correct bus station and actually figured out when the bus was going to get there and if we could get to the right place. We hopped on and showed the driver our bus passes.

About an thirty minutes later we got to the lake and drove up the coast about another 30 minutes to the town of Garda. It was a beautiful ride. Once we got off the bus, we walked towards the water. The lake was HUGE! And the water so clean. One thing I've noticed about Italy, it is very clean. The water was so clear and super blue. We were all hungry, some had skipped breakfast to get to the bus, and we sat down at the first place we saw. I had a pizza with ham on it. It was great. I like Italian pizza so much more than the kind we have in the states.

After lunch, we walked along the coast of the lake. It was very pretty and exactly what I would picture as a perfect Italian lake town. I saw a rather large dog that is the Italian version of Hans. No Pickles though. We took lots of photos and shared a lot giggles. The little group we have formed laughs A LOT. After we walked along the lake and on the stone beach, we have some time to kill before our bus was to leave. We grabbed a gelato..chocolate again..and I decided I would not be mad if I ate a gelato everyday until I leave.

Waiting for the bus we played a few games and joined Sammy in the 'cheese rap.' We were all laughing and it is so nice to have people who share a similar sense of humor. We boarded the bus thinking everything was ok until the bus driver came back and asked to see our passes. I was the brave one and handed him my bus pass first. He looked it over and said it was not good. He spoke very good English and I explained to him that we got to Garda with that bus pass from Verona. He said we were not supposed to have done that. Our bus pass is only good for the city limits of Verona, and well, we were about an hour outside of Verona. He said we had to pay but we would have to wait until the next stop. He was very helpful and made sure we all had our tickets. He told me he had been to Atlanta twice. He also told me that if we had gotten caught without a bus ticket, we could have been thrown off and been handed an 100 euro fine (by the Italian police. yikes) Glad that didn't happen.

Everyone was tired and we split up to upload our (awesome) pictures and grab some grub. Tess and I made banana french toast and eggs. Breakfast for dinner is becoming one of our staples. Tonight I am trying to go to bed early for our early morning of class. I am excited to see what class is going to be like, and am hoping it is not too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment