Is it me or does it seem that life just carries on? Was it him who said that life is just a song? I don't know what will keep me on this little Earth. I just might use the love that's all in the dirt.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday-2/20



On Saturday, Tess and I slept in until about 11 when everyone was going to meet and trip plan. We met up with everyone and a smaller group of us decided we wanted to go see Dave Matthews in Padua. However, trying to figure it all out, logistics was just too much to handle, so we planned a trip to Lucca and then to Sienna. We have our accommodations set and we are going to do a 'test run' on Wednesday to make sure we can make to the train station Thursday by 12:30.

In the afternoon we ventured back to the grocery store. We planned our meals for the week and are looking forward to seeing what we like and what we don't. We came back, put our groceries away and then went to the bus stop to go explore downtown more. It was not the nicest day, but we still wanted to get a feel for the city. We walked through this castle and then got some gelato. Let me tell you, I LOVE gelato. LOVE it. We ran into some others on the trip that had been around exploring also.

In downtown Verona, they were setting up for the Verona Marathon. I considered running it but decided I didn't want to put any Italians to shame...We walked around and I think I somewhat know my way around. I still have no idea where Campus Bar is in reference to our hotel or downtown. We got back a little later than we were planning and everyone was hurrying us to get ready to go out. Turns out, there was no rush, so we got to hang out with everyone a little longer before going out.

We ventured to Campus and there was a futbol game on that a lot of people were into. It was between a Milan team (the favorite in the bar) and a Southern Italy one. We were able to talk to a lot more people than we did on Thursday. I have picked up on some Italian phrases. Some of my favorite include, Prego (it's ok/don't mention it/you're welcome)and scussi. After hanging out there for a little bit, some of us ventured across the bar to find Camelot. It was medieval themed and had a great local beer. They even have pizza in the bar. (Think Boars Head but waaaay better). We split a pizza and came home. We planned on meeting the next morning to go to Lake Garda.

No comments:

Post a Comment